From time to time, SunCentral changes or adds to the site, including these terms, without notice. Any change to these terms will be effective as soon as they are published on the site. You should review these terms regularly to check for updates. By using the site, you accept the terms in force at the time of accessing the site.
These terms are to be read in conjunction with SunCentral’s Privacy and Copyright Notice (the notice). The terms include the notice and your agreement to the terms means that you agree to the notice. In the case of a conflict between the notice and the terms, these terms prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
There may be additional terms and conditions that apply in order to access specific parts of the site (the additional conditions). In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and any additional conditions, the additional conditions prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
SunCentral publishes the information on the site as a general reference. All figures, maps and diagrams are indicative only. You should not act on anything contained on the site without first obtaining specific professional advice. The information on the site is not comprehensive and is a summary of the subject matter covered. You should not rely on the information in the site when considering issues relating to real estate (for example, purchase, sale, leasing, development). Persons wishing to make enquiries with SunCentral when considering such issues should do so by phone or in writing. You must make your own assessment of the information on the site, and if you rely on it, you do so wholly at your own risk.
SunCentral makes no statements, representations, or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained on the site. Some information, such as information supplied by third parties, has not been assessed for its accuracy. You should make your own enquiries and obtain advice specific to your particular circumstances.
SunCentral expressly disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses (including direct and indirect losses), damages and costs you may incur as a result of your use of the site or intended use of the site including: the information on the site being inaccurate or incomplete in any way, for any reason the information on the site or the site itself being subject to infection by computer viruses or other contamination lack of availability, interruption, delay in operation, internet access difficulties, or equipment malfunction in relation to the site any failure to provide the site or any part of it either temporarily or permanently.
The information on the site is subject to change without notice. If you print information, you should check regularly for updates on the site. This includes PDF and other files linked to on the site.
The views, opinions and findings in any articles, news items or other publications on the site are those of the respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or findings of SunCentral.
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any specific warnings and disclaimers contained in these terms or located elsewhere on the site.
Terms and Conditions
Linking to the site
SunCentral gives permission for you to create a link to the site. If you do create a link to a page on the site, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out in these terms will apply to your use of the site by linking to it.
Using the site
By using the site, you agree that you will not:
- tamper with or do anything that could hinder the proper operation of the site; upload viruses or other malicious code, transmit a virus or other disabling feature to the site.
- collect users' material using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- collect or solicit material about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- use the site, or use any service provided on the site, to conduct surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or send chain letters, junk email, spam or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site or use another person's name, registration account or password.
- except to the extent permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on the site, or create any other material using material on the site, including posts made by registered users, without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of the information.
- collect or solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- use the site for any activity which breaches any laws, infringes a third party's rights, is unlawful, or breaches the terms.
Registered users – generally
SunCentral allows individuals and representatives of groups to register as a user on the site.
By registering on the site, you:
- agree that SunCentral reserves the right to remove or reclaim a user name if it believes, in its absolute discretion, that the user name is inappropriate (such as the user name offends the rights of another party, or is offensive), and
- warrant that you are at least 15 years of age.
By registering on the site, you agree that you will not:
- provide any false personal information, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- create another account, if SunCentral closes your account, without SunCentral’s written permission
- use your personal profile for commercial gain (including the sale of your status update to an advertiser).
- allow your contact information to be inaccurate or out-of-date.
- use the site to link your registration to other users through the site or through a third party website without their consent.
- impersonate any person or entity or create a false identity to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of material you post on the site, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- engage in any other conduct that SunCentral considers (in absolute discretion) breaches these terms or is otherwise inappropriate for the site.
- share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account.
- transfer your account outside of the correct process within the site to anyone without first getting SunCentral’s written permission.
Intellectual property rights
Logos and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) appearing on the site must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner. The material on the site or the products, technology and processes contained in the site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by SunCentral or by third parties. No license is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights. If you want a license, you must specifically contact the owner of those rights.
Your use of the site must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
The site may contain links to, or frame, websites other than the site (external websites). Links to, or framing of, external websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval, warranty of accuracy, recommendation or preference by SunCentral of the external websites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external websites, unless expressly stated otherwise.
SunCentral makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external websites, nor to your use of external websites, and it disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses (including direct and indirect losses), damages and costs you may incur as a result of using any external website or software that may be associated with it.
A registered user may be able to link applications (such as Facebook), to its account within the Site. When you use an application, your information is shared with that application. Your agreement with the entity that controls that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that information.
External websites and software, such as group email software, may be promoted within the Site. By choosing to use external websites and software, you will conduct your own assessment of the worthiness, cost, safety or otherwise of this software.
By using external websites linked to the site, you understand that you may be bound by the term of use for these external websites. This may include issues such as storage of your information on overseas servers or granting ownership of your information to these websites. You must read any terms governing the use of any external websites before using it.
- The terms and the use of the site are governed by, and construed in accordance with the law in force in Queensland, Australia. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts exercising jurisdiction in Queensland for proceedings in connection with the terms or the use of the site.
- Headings in the terms are for convenience only, and to not limit interpretation.
- The entire agreement between the parties regarding the use of the site is made up of the terms, and any additional conditions.
- The terms and any additional conditions cannot be varied accept by prior written agreement signed by an authorised SunCentral employee.
- If any part of the terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If SunCentral fails to enforce any of the terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any waiver of the terms must be made in writing and signed by an authorised SunCentral employee.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under the terms to anyone else without our prior written consent.
- All of SunCentral’s rights and obligations under the terms are freely assignable by SunCentral in connection with an amalgamation or sale of assets, de-amalgamation or division of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing the site.
Privacy and Copyright Notice
SunCentral is committed to protecting user privacy. SunCentral understands and appreciates that visitors to, and users of, this website, are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of information they provide.
SunCentral's policy is to respect and protect the privacy of its website users and, as a general rule, SunCentral does not collect personal information about you when you visit this site. You are able to visit this site without revealing any of your personal information.
- what personal information we may collect from you;
- how we manage the personal information that we collect, use and disclose; and
- how to contact us if you:
- have any questions about our management of your personal information; or
- would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you; or
- would like to lodge a complaint with us regarding our compliance with Privacy Laws.
As noted above, we acknowledge that you may click-through to third party sites from our Site. We cannot assume any responsibility for information and content of third party sites so we recommend that you refer to the individual privacy statements of the sites you visit.
Recording your visit
When you visit SunCentral's website, SunCentral makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address.
- your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .edu, .net, .org, .au, .nz etc.).
- the date and time of your visit to the site.
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded.
- the previous site you visited.
- the type of browser you used.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect computer logs.
Recording your email address
SunCentral will only record your email address if you authorise SunCentral to do so. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list unless you authorise SunCentral to do so. SunCentral will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
SunCentral will make reasonable attempts to reduce harvesting of email addresses by incorporating security measures in the exporting process.
Collecting personal information
From time to time, SunCentral will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a function or activity of SunCentral. When SunCentral does this, you will be notified of the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published), and the legal authority for the collection if it is authorised or required, by or under law.
SunCentral will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of SunCentral, or unfair or unreasonably intrusive.
Because there are risks associated with using the Internet as a transmission medium, when SunCentral use electronic forms to collect information you will be provided with other options for providing the information – for example, a paper form and mailing address and a telephone contact.
Publishing personal information
SunCentral will only publish personal information on this site if it has been collected for this purpose with your knowledge or if you have consented to the disclosure. When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on this site is accessible to millions of people from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any Web user. This means that, once the information is published on this site, SunCentral will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
© SunCentral Maroochydore Pty Ltd 2015-current.
SunCentral Maroochydore™ and SunCentral™ is a registered trademark of Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
All content on the site, regardless of origin, is generally protected by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
SunCentral supports the sharing of information and the use of site content as permitted under Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), for example for private study, research, criticism or review. Except to the extent permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or in this notice, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the content on the site, or create any other material using material on the site, without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of the information.
SunCentral grants you a non-exclusive license to reproduce the contents of the site onto your Web browser (and any cache file produced by your Web browser) for the sole purpose of viewing and/or hearing the content of the site.
Logos and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner. The products, technology and processes contained in the site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by SunCentral or by third parties. No license is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as expressly set out in the terms. Your use of the site must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
If you would like permission to use any of the materials on the site, please contact SunCentral.
© SunCentral Maroochydore Pty Ltd 2016