Commitment to privacy
SunCentral Maroochydore Pty Ltd ACN 603 652 231 (SunCentral/we/us/our) understands and appreciates that visitors to and users (you/your) of this website are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that may be provided to us. We endeavour to protect user privacy in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP).
Protecting your privacy
We are committed to protecting your personal information and complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other State and Territory laws governing the use of personal information (collectively, Privacy Laws) which regulate how personal information is handled from collection to use and disclosure, storage, access and disposal.
Personal information generally means any kind of information in any form about a person that identifies that person and includes sensitive or information. Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au
- All individuals whose personal information is collected in relation to all investment, development, tenancy and general project interests in SunCentral;
- All individuals whose personal information is collected by us in the course of our functions and activities such as service providers, contractors and prospective employees.
- the nature of the personal information we may collect from you;
- how we manage the personal information that we collect, use and disclose;
- how to contact us if you: • have any questions about our management of your personal information; or
- would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you; or
- would like to lodge a complaint with us regarding our compliance with Privacy Laws.
The information we may collect
SunCentral has been established to oversee the design and delivery of 53ha of Sunshine Coast Regional Council owned, central city land at Maroochydore, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, delivering commercial, retail, city living and lifestyle precincts – and offer multiple investment and business development opportunities.
SunCentral may also collect personal information for specific market research purposes relating to user’s awareness of SunCentral.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- identifying information such as name, date of birth and employment details; • contact information such as home and business addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses and email addresses;
- government-issued identifiers including ACNs and ABNs;
- information about activities including investment, development, tenancy and general project interests.
We may collect your personal information from various sources including:
- you or from a person authorised to provide us this information on your behalf; and
- third parties such as a service provider engaged by us or a third party who partners with us.
We do not create, use or store profiles of our customers. We only record information that we reasonably require to do business with you or simply to facilitate our communications with you.
We may collect your personal information in order to send you our e-Newsletters containing specific and general project update information. Any personal information that you provide to us for the purposes of receiving e-Newsletters can be deleted at any time by unsubscribing from the e-Newsletter. You generally have the right not to identify yourself when dealing with us where it is lawful and practicable for us to allow it. However, on some occasions we may not be able to do this.
How we may use or share your information
We may use your personal details in any of the following ways:
- responding to and fulfilling your requests in relation to our business activities;
- responding to your questions or suggestions;
- involvement (with your consent) in our e-Newsletter mailing list;
- manage and develop our business and operational processes and systems;
- conduct marketing, feedback and research activities;
- manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues;
- perform other functions and activities relating to our business; and
- comply with our legal obligations.
In doing so we may disclose your personal information to persons or organisations in Australia and overseas including:
- our agents and service providers;
- our professional advisers;
- your agents and advisers or other persons authorised by, or responsible for, you;
- government agencies;
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information;
- in other circumstances, with your consent.
How we secure your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We store your information securely and have a range of security controls in place to ensure that your information and documents are protected. Our employees are trained on privacy and access to personal information is restricted to individuals properly authorised to do so.
We also take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. We keep your personal information for only as long as it is required in order to provide you with products and services and to comply with our legal obligations.
When it is no longer needed for these purposes, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify this personal information
How we communicate with you
To keep you informed quicker, where you provide us with an email address, we will send most communications to you by email. From time to time, we may also collect and use your personal information so that we can promote and market project related investment, development and leasing opportunities to you and keep you informed of general project updates and information from SunCentral, including by direct mail, SMS and MMS messages, phone and email.
How you may access and control your personal information
You can ask whether we are keeping personal information about you by contacting us. If we have retained information on file, you may request a copy of it. You may also wish to apply to amend the information if you believe it to be incomplete, inaccurate or irrelevant.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable (although an administration fee may be charged), and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
In some circumstances, we may not permit access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information. Where this happens, we will provide you with reasons for this decision, seek alternatives and take any further legally required steps.
Do we disclose your personal information overseas?
We may need to disclose your personal information to organisations located outside of Australia from time to time in the ordinary course of our business. Most of these overseas organisations are services providers or related entities which provide support and assistance to us our business activities.
Where we do, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is given the same type of protection as it is afforded within Australia. This may be through satisfying ourselves that the overseas organisation has controls in place to comply with Australian privacy laws, ensuring that the overseas organisation is located in a country which we believe has a similar privacy regime to Australia or through contractually or otherwise mandating the adequate management of the information. On occasion, we may also disclose your personal information to overseas organisations where you instruct us or expressly consent to us doing so. In such cases, we may not take the above steps in relation to the management of your information.
Do you have any concerns over the way we have collected, used or disclosed your personal information?
If you have any concerns or queries about the manner in which your personal information has been handled, please contact our Privacy Officer whose contact details are provided below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please provide your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
Generally, we will contact you to acknowledge receipt of your complaint and let you know who is managing your query within 5 business days. We will attend promptly to your complaint and will aim to respond to your concerns or otherwise keep you informed of our progress within 30 days.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The Privacy Officer: David Wright
SunCentral Maroochydore Pty Ltd
Email: [email protected]
Post: PO Box 1458, Maroochydore Queensland 4558 Australia
Telephone: 07 5452 7274